Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Inspiration and Obssession

Ok, so today topic is inspiration and Obsession.

Obsession is something that consumes me, I find something that interests or inspires me and I get so wrapped up in it that I can barely focus on anything else. Previous hobbies, interest or even earlier obsessions are forgotten in favor of the the new.

Obsessions come fairly easily for me and it's usually the same sort of things either watching anime, reading books, etc. These obsessions may seam fairly ridiculous to other people and those who don't know me may underestimate the hold that they have on me. I guess it could be considered strange and even a waste of time but the reason I get so focused on them is because usually when I get into one of my states it's because I'm looking for something. Usually this is either inspiration, a new idea or even the rediscovery of an old thought powerful enough to create something... fantastic in my head.

However, sometimes it's an emotion I'm looking for. Books, anime, manga, music they all have the potential to create strong emotions within me and sometimes I search through hours of material looking for a particular emotion. It can sometimes be something beautiful created by a story or love or friendship that makes me smile and want to hold on to the warmth for just a little longer. But sometimes it can be something excruciating. Catharsis is something that I believe can be achieved by inflicting these emotions on myself but due to the method I myself am at no real risk.

........

I guess that's enough of me trying to explain my obsessions.
Currently I've been focused on reading manga - this has been the flavor of obsession since I returned home from comic con in October. Previously, I had once tried to read a manga but couldn't seam to get into it, which of course was a real shame as there were so many stories that I wanted to discover that had yet to be turned into an anime.
Now I believe that the ferocity of the obsession is finally starting to subside. For me this means that rather than spending hours searching for something new to read or continuing on reading until sunrise I am finally able to let myself sleep at night. Which is good because my work takes a real toll if I'm tired.

What I'm searching for at the moment is inspiration.

I used to love writing stories and creating worlds filled with all the adventures and emotions that I believe can never truly belong to me. These are often in worlds created in my head that all come from one simple idea.
And THAT is what I'm searching for now. One simple idea that is capable of sparking my imagination.
It's been years since I've actually managed to write something but I don't believe that this is due to lack of inspiration but simply due to the fact that I get so caught up in NEEDING to create that the original inspiration is forgotten and so I've decided just to write. Nothing special, no new project to invent a new universe for my thoughts to escape to just to write down all my inspirations and if something is born of these thoughts alone then so be it, but that's not my main objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment